Friday, May 10, 2013

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE OZONE LAYER





The ozone layer is a layer in Earth's atmosphere containing relatively high concentrations of ozone (O3). The ozone layer can be depleted by free radical catalysts, including nitric oxide (NO), nitrous oxide (N2O), hydroxyl (OH), atomic chlorine (Cl), and atomic bromine (Br)

The ozone layer spreads like a sheet in earth's atmosphere. The sun's rays consists of most of the rays other than the visible part. It specially consists of UV and IR rays. Among them UV [ultra violet rays] is the most harmful one to human skins. It causes skin diseases in contact with human skin. The main function of ozone layer is to filter these UV rays from the sun and so protecting life. Though it is a poisonous gas

But the cloroflurocarbon CFC gas from the refrigerators affect the ozone layer which results in several holes in the layer

2 comments:

  1. good post ..
    but OZONE LAYER is depleting day by day...so i hope ul create an awareness about this.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve! I saw the comment you left on my blog and thought I'd return the favor by coming over to your's! I replied to your comment on my blog, by the way, so you should go back and check it: http://goo.gl/REwml This is a good post! I did not know any of this. Keep up the good work! I, "liked," your blog on facebook, (I think, lol, please let me know-http://chattylittletxmama.blogspot.com/p/contact_27.html), so I'd appreciate you doing the same for me: https://www.facebook.com/ChattyLittleTexasMama thanks! I'll be sure and check back here for more in the future and I hope you do the same for me. See you later! :)

    ReplyDelete